In the previous article, we talked about what is GST and its implication. Now let’s talk about how to register for GST Search and GST portal login.
In this article, we will discuss the process to register for the Goods and Services Tax (GST), the registration threshold, type of registrations available, registration fee, documents required for registration, time period to register and annual maintenance of registration.
However big or small your business is you need to know what are your options as a business owner. If you’re looking to set up shop on an e-commerce platform like Shopify or Big commerce, it’s important that you understand how GST number check in these situations. This article will help you understand if you need to apply for GST registration.
What is the registration threshold for GST?
GST is a type of consumption tax, which means it’s the final customer who pays tax on the good or service.
The seller has to collect the tax from the customer and deposit it to the government. Since GST is a consumption tax, it makes sense that the threshold for registering for GST Search be related to the quantity of goods/services that a company sells.
- If a company’s yearly sales are less than the threshold, it doesn’t make sense for that company to comply with GST.
- The current GST threshold for India is INR 100 million. If the annual turnover of your business is less than the GST threshold, you are not required to register for GST.
- If the annual turnover of your business exceeds the GST threshold, you are required to get yourself registered under the GST regime. You will have to collect GST at the applicable rate from your customers and deposit the same with the Government.
Who can register for GST?
Any person who is carrying on an economic activity that is required to be registered under GST can apply for registration.
You must have an Indian or foreign company/Business and/or be an individual resident/owner of India is required to register for GST irrespective of whether you are making any profit or not.
Which type of registration you can apply for?
There are different types of registrations available for GST, based on your business type. B2B- If your business is buying and selling goods, this registration is for you.
- If you are a manufacturer, wholesaler, or distributor, but don’t sell to the general public (B2C), this is your registration.
- B2C- If your business sells directly to the end consumer, you need this registration. If you are a retailer, or are in the service industry, you need to register for this one.
- E-Commerce- If you have an e-commerce portal and sell goods or services online, you need to apply for this registration. Telecom- If you are in the telecom industry, this registration is suitable for you.
If you have any questions regarding GST or are interested in setting up a business, make sure you speak with an expert. So get the best Services for the GST Number Search and GST Login now.