Documents required to register for GST:-
If you want to register for a Goods and Services Tax (GST) and you are a new business owner, you’re in for a lot of paperwork.
- Before you register, you must collect the documentation listed below. You need all the documents to get your GSTIN (GST Identification Number).
- Business Name, Address, and GSTIN Application Form- If you have a business name, you must register it first. Then, you can apply for the GSTIN.
- You can get the application form by visiting the official website of the GST Council. GSTIN and GSTIN Application Form.
GSTIN Number for Verification
You can also get the GSTIN application form by visiting the official website of the GST Council. You must submit your application form together with all the other documents mentioned below.
Bank account in the GSTIN applicant’s name and GSTIN Bank account- You must have a valid bank account that has been operational for at least three months. If you don’t have a bank account, you can open one at the nearest branch of your preferred bank. GSTIN and GSTIN Bank account.
If you are applying for a GSTIN through a bank, then you must submit the GSTIN bank account details along with the application form. Business address and GSTIN- If you are a sole proprietor and you want to apply for GSTIN online, you must provide the GSTIN business address.
If you are a partnership firm/LLP, you must provide the GSTIN business address and GSTIN of each partner.
- Identity Proof- You must submit one photo identity proof, such as your voter ID card, PAN card, driving license, passport, etc.
- Address Proof- You must submit one Address Proof, such as your voter ID card, PAN card, driving license, passport, etc. Income Tax Assessment Order.
- IT Assessment Order- If you have filed your income tax return and received an IT assessment order, you must submit it.
- Business/Income Tax Return Copy- If you have filed your income tax return, you must submit the copy of the return.
These are the general documents required for GSTIN application.
The documents for GST Verification in 2022:-
GST Registration Form- You can download the GST registration form from the official website of the GST Council.
You can get the GST registration form by visiting the official website of the GST Council.
GST Registration Address Proof- You must submit one address proof, such as your voter ID card, PAN card, driving license, or passport.
GST Registration Business Details- You must provide all the details of your business, such as your business name and address, the name of the partner (if you are a partnership firm), etc.
GST Registration Business Tax Details- You must provide all the details of your income tax return and financials, such as your gross revenue, etc.
GST Registration Bank Details- You must provide the bank account details of your business, such as the name of the account holder, the account number, the IFSC code, etc. GST
Registration Fee- You must pay the GST registration fee, which is non-refundable. The GST registration fee changes every quarter. You can check the GST registration fee on the official website of the GST Council.
GST is a comprehensive tax reform that changes the way India does business. Now that GST is implemented, every business should register for GST.
The registration threshold for GST is INR 100 million and is applicable to any business that makes sales in India.